|St. Dominic prayed with his body as well as with his soul. He used his body in prayer in nine ways:|
2. Prostrating himself on the floor with his face down.
3. Whipping his bare back with an iron chain.
4. Staring at the Crucifix while kneeling repeatedly.
5. Clasping, opening or spreading his hands.
6. Stretching arms out in the form of a cross.
7. Stretching or reaching straight up to heaven.
8. Sitting to read or to ponder readings.
9. Separating from others on the road and repeating the Sign of the Cross.
Can't we all pray like he did? Read a more detailed explanation at the New Theological Movement's blog.
Thursday, September 06, 2012
Brethren: Peace and Good to all of you.