As you all probably now, I'm in active military duty in Afghanistan - which I call by the very evoking name, "the Outremer."
My prayer life has blossomed here in ways unexpected, and I want to share with you some of the prayers I pray here every day, consciously and sometimes, repeatedly:
1. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.Pray for us, for those of us who are here, for our families, and for those who have given life or limb in the defense of our country! Thank you!
2. Lord, please don't let me screw up today!
3. My Guardian Angel: please, with the Lord's permission, detach a cohort of angels for our protection here, confuse the wiles of the enemy and lead them to salvation. Thanks!
4. Father, grant to my family and to your servant full health of spirit, soul, and body, so that we could meet again on this earth and carry on the mission of your love. I ask this in Christ, Your Son, Amen.
5. Father, may your will be always done but if possible, take me back to family sooner rather than later!
6. Saint Anthony, it seems that I've lost my diaconal vocation or at the very least, it has been severely misplaced. Could you please find it for us with the Lord's permission? Thanks!
7. Father, please don't let me shed innocent blood and if at all possible, don't let me shed any blood at all! But if I must, give me the right intention and the right aim as you did with David, your servant. Amen.
8. Father, if you call me to your presence, forgive me my sins, as I forgive all who have sinned against me; may I die with the name of your Son, Jesus, in my lips and in my heart. May my death, in union with the sufferings and death of your Son, be for the redemption of the world, for peace, and a token of my future resurrection, Amen.
9. The Rosary.
10. St. Anthony's Chaplet.
11. The Chaplet of Saint Michael the Archangel
12. The Divine Mercy Chaplet
13. Morning and Evening Prayers of the Liturgy of the Hours.