Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekend plans: watch a movie, read a book, and honey do's

Folks, today I received in the mail my copy of Into the Silence, a documentary about Carthusian heremitic life in the Mother Charterhouse in France. I talked to you all about it last January. I finally received the DVD in the mail today. I am looking forward to watch it.

Of the various books I've been reading lately, one holds the promise that I will read it nonstop until the end: Peter Kreeft's Handbook of Christian Apologetics. Topics include:

  • faith and reason
  • the existence of God
  • God's nature
  • how we know God
  • creation and evolution
  • providence and free will
  • miracles
  • the problem of evil
  • the Bible's historical reliability
  • the divinity of Christ
  • the resurrection
  • life after death
  • heaven and hell
  • salvation
  • Christianity and other religions
  • objective truth
  • Looks like I am going to add some pointy arrows to my quiver.

    Finally, there's this big crack on my front steps I intend to patch before we get ice and snow. We'll see if the patch survives the winter. The previous one didn't survive the last one!